Hey Curlies! ❤
A product that mixes well with my staple stylers, thoroughly moisturizes, hydrates and leaves my hair in a better condition before I used it is what makes it a favorite! Here are 6 hair care products that made my favorites during the month of November!
1. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner: I mentioned how much I love this conditioner in my post, Top 6 Leave-in Conditioners. But it’s THAT amazing it’s also a November Favorite because I religiously used this as a leave in all month long! It’s amazing because of how hydrating and moisturizing it is. It mixes well with other products especially my beloved Eco Styler Gel. It keeps my hair so moisturized and the formula is amazing in that a little goes a long way. The consistency is perfect for a leave in! I found mine at my local beauty supply. ($25, but my mommy found hers for $18!). Con: If I can find it for $18, I will have no complaints because it’s worth that much in my opinion and lasts for a VERY long time.
2. Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker: I went around town trying to get my hands on this stuff! These Camille Rose Natural items are at “select” Targets. If you are not aware of what THAT “really” means, well…you’ll probably find these products based on the locations of the users. So yeah, lol… I found my Camille Rose at the Compton Target! It has an AWESOME collection of excellent products, especially for black hair. Unfortunately, they don’t have Camille Rose Naturals at my nearest Target, but I didn’t mind going a little out of my way to make sure I had my hair care needs *hair flip*. If you prefer gel, this may work for you because it’s a jelly, meaning the consistency is very similar if not the same to a gel. It’s all natural, and it claims that this formula is excellent for all hair types. It won’t give you a crunchy feel, but it will make your curls shiny and defined. I personally like to use this on areas of my wash and go where it may have dried out days after and needs a little definition. I purchased my Camille Rose for $19.99. Cons: The price, leaves my hair a tad sticky but not too bad and I only get about 2 to 3 days out of a wash n’ go. With Eco Styler I can get close to 6 days.
3. Trader Joes Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner: This Trader Joe’s line will forever be one of my staple shampoos and conditioners. I do prefer using the conditioner over the shampoo, however I’ve revisited the shampoo this month and I still love it. Only downfall, the shampoo can be stripping. So, when I use the shampoo, I follow it up with a moisturizing shampoo for my second wash. The conditioner is amaze balls! I’ve been using the conditioner for co washing and I LOVE it. It’s packed with amazing natural ingredients and it’s so moisturizing for my hair. It even works great for a deep conditioner. Trader Joe’s changed the formula, HOWEVER…I really can’t tell a difference. I still love it, and the price remained the same! If you’re into smells, it smells soo good. I use this on my daughter as well, and her hair loves it. It has a little bit of slip, so I’m able to detangle with ease. You can’t beat the price of $2.99. Con: None!
4. Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in Conditioner: This leave in is also becoming another staple because of the effectiveness of this product. It claims to be a leave in as well as a detangler which off the bat tells me that it has good slip and it’s moisturizing. This 8oz bottle is packed with goodness and it works well with other products! The ingredients leave my hair feeling SO smooth and soft. It really prepares my hair for styling my wash and go! Cons: It would be great if it was a tad cheaper! But other than that, I love!
5. Pantene Curl 2 Minute Conditioning Masque: I was very surprised at Pantene for actually impressing me with a deep treatment. I say this because I’ve never really been a fan of the line. However! This caught my eye a couple months back and I decided to give it a try. I’m all for a 2 to 5 minute treatment lol. The smell is AWESOME, and it definitely left my hair so hydrated! The consistency is thick which I love for a masque. I left it on longer than suggested (approximately 15 minutes), but my hair still felt equally as moisturized even just for the two minutes it suggests. Found mine at Target for $5.99. Con: Not a big fan of the jar in the shower, but that’s about it.
6. Queen Helene Royal Curl Moisture Rich Conditioner: I was skeptical, but decided to try this because I’m a product junkie :). I saw this at Sprouts for $7.99 and used it as a deep conditioner and was pleasantly surprised how soft and hydrated my hair felt after rinsing it out. My hair was so SHINY! It was SO soft. I didn’t expect great results because I didn’t know anything about the line and unfortunately pre-judged. It has no slip in my opinion, and the feel of the conditioner on my hair didn’t scream moisturizing. But once I rinsed this bad boy out of my hair, my locs felt so amazing as if I had rinsed out a masque or a treatment. I also tried it for just a rinse out conditioner and I had the same results! Fortunately, I was happy with my results and I’ll definitely be repurchasing! Con: No slip.
What were some of your November favorites?
Until next time Curlies! Xo!