(Waves!) Hey Curlies! ❤
I live for a good leave in conditioner. A good leave in is essential, just like good shoes are essential to an outfit. In my opinion, a good leave in is a conditioner that can blend well with ANY product and leaves your hair soft, moisturized and ready for styling. I’m a wash n’ go type of gal…so if my leave in or moisturizer is NOT compatible with my beloved Eco Styler, then it’s a wrap. It has to leave my hair feeling soft and manageable. So, here we go in no particular order…
My top 6 leave in conditioners in 5, 4, 3, 2
1. Mixed Chicks. I hated it at first because it didn’t do much for my hair when I had a lot of damage. It was sticky and I disliked the smell. But I revisited this product and fell in love with it. For some hair types it can be a leave in and styler because it does provide a slight hold and gives definition to your curls. I still don’t care for the smell, but it dissipates. I really dislike paying 20 bucks for it, but a little goes a long way! $19.99 Beauty Supplies, Target and online.
2. Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner. I fell in love with this conditioner which I stumbled across at Target. I love this leave in because it’s moisturizing and light. It blends well with other styling products and it’s extremely silky and leaves my hair so soft. I like the style of the bottle and the smell is heavenly and not too strong. I think almost every natural has tried this at least once. It’s under 10 bucks and leaves my hair feeling amazing. $7.99 Target, TJ Maxx, and select stores.
3. Shea Moisture JBCO Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner. I love this stuff. It’s not creamy and it’s not light, it’s in between which makes it perfect. I love Shea Moisture products so I may be a tad bias, but this stuff is goodness. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is known for it’s abilities to thicken and grow hair, so this product with that ingredient in it is a win for me. It also has all natural ingredients so it blends well with my beloved Eco Styler Gel and leaves my hair shiny and moisturized. $10.99 Target, CVS, Walgreens and online.
4. Kinky Curly Knot Today. Love this stuff, hate the size. Why does Kinky Curly play so much with their size?! Just stingy! Lol. This all natural goodness is AMAZING. So moisturizing. So silky and so smooth. Leaves my hair SO soft and shiny. I can’t describe the goodness in this bottle! I use this on special occasions because I’m cheap and I don’t want to run out. LOL. It’s not a whole lot for your buck, so I try to save as much as I can. If you haven’t tried this, you’re missing out! $11.99 Target, Simply Wholesome, Beauty Supplies and online.
5. Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. This may not be a “leave in conditioner”, but it’s so amazing as a moisturizer I had to include it. Did I mention I LOVE Shea Moisture products LOL. It’s a little on the heavier side, very creamy so if you need a good layer to lock in your goodness try this. Sometimes I will skip the leave in and use this as if it were labeled a “leave in”. After all… I’m leaving it in, lol. It doesn’t mix with every product so beware. A little goes a LONG way. $10.99 Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and online.
6. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. Yes gawd. This is my HOLY GRAIL. I learned about this conditioner through the beautiful MahagonyCurls on Youtube. I ran out and got it and it has been my everything ever since. I love this stuff! It even works as a moisturizer for your skin! A little goes a LONG way! The smell is great, the consistency is perfect and it mixes well with my beloved gel. I will forever buy this stuff. My wash n’ go’s seem to always act right with this as my base! It’s pricey, but SO worth it. I’ve had mine for close to a year! $19.99-$26.99 Beauty Supplies, ULTA select Targets and online.
How to make sure your leave in mixes well with your styler: Some products don’t mix well together. It’s important to take a little of each product in your palms and rub them together. If it comes out clear, it can be layered on your hair with no white residue. If the two products are white and clumpy that’s how it will look on your hair. Before layering your products always mix in your palms before applying to your hair!
What are some of your favorite leave in conditioners?!
Until next time Curlies! XO!